Thursday, April 21, 2011

Shelves made of Books

As you will continue to notice, I have a very deep relationship with books, some may even call it an obsession. I love reading them,  holding them, posing with them, smelling them, decorating with them, recommending them, discussing them, and getting totally lost in the world of them. Hence why I decided to learn how to make shelves out of books! 

Steps:

#1 I had to go to the hardware store & purchase the appropriate hardware. [screws & metal shelf brackets] I also had to invest in a power drill, I chose this one:








It was only $59 and seriously works great.


#2 Pick out three [or as many as you'd prefer] books with covers that please you. It would be best to select a book that is not a classic, read often, or of great value. I suggest the readers digest condensed books.

 

#3 Spray paint the brackets [Again, if you'd prefer, I think it looks great either way.]


#4 Drill holes into the book where the brackets will be attached, & then screw on the brackets.


#5 Mount on the wall [we're in between houses, so I just took a picture as if they were mounted on a wall] & decorate with your favorite light weight knick knacks.


 And there you have it. Let me know what you think about this idea, I know I have a unique taste in home decor, an example being our famous green couch, but it is interesting to hear from the perspectives of others. 



Thanks for tuning in!

I&J

No comments:

Post a Comment