Saturday, January 29, 2011

Life With a Green Couch



Why did we name our blog "Life With a Green Couch" you ask? That, is quite the story. I found this couch on KSL for 40 dollars. Can you believe that?! Neither can I. This couch was and still is my most prized piece of furniture.

Here is where the story gets good: Johnny and I tried to move it into our little home. We live in a basement apartment (photos coming soon). The couch wouldn't fit! Johnny and Ian tried every which way and it just would not budge through the door. Unfortunately, the couch is all one piece too! I couldn't take it apart and bring it in piece by piece. It'd be a total understatement to say I was sad, I was completely and utterly devastated. I may have even shed a few tears over it.

I spent that entire evening brainstorming ways to fit it into the house. I brought my friend Gwen over to help me move in and I told her that I was going to get that couch inside if it was the last thing I'd do! Gwen and I soon realized that the only way that was going to happen was if we did something wild and reckless like saw off the legs.

That is exactly what we did. We took a power saw to that baby and chopped off each and every one of those legs. We shovedit through our bedroom window, and with Tara's help (who showed up a bit later), we gorilla glued each leg back on. It's now the sturdiest couch on the planet...well maybe that's an exaggeration, but it's pretty dang sturdy.

3 comments:

  1. So cute!!! I'm glad it made it's way into your apartment!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the couch. Great shopping, Iz and way to go in not giving up.
    Well done,
    Muff

    ReplyDelete