Sunday, April 24, 2011

Soap & Sap

Happy Easter! We have been enjoying these last few days without finals or classes so much. I have been packing away for our big travels and completing a few "to resume later when I have time" crafts. I have been pondering my childhood memories of Easter and what an incredible job my parents did. They always  made it an exciting time full of treats, family time, scavenger hunts, egg dying, and the message of the season. I have missed that dearly, but our first Easter together has been a great one.
I decided that since I am going to spend this evening with my sister, I should make her a small Easter gift. I couldn't resist these soap dispenser mason jars, and I don't think she will be able to either.


Now there is the soap, onto the sap. Johnny and I both agree that no one wants to read about our mushy behind the scenes happenings but sometimes, I can't help but share. 
Yesterday my friend Ali and I went out to get pedicures and go shopping--I felt totally spoiled.
I returned home only to find the entire house clean, vacuumed, swept, wiped down, the whole deal! In addition, a Thai shrimp stir fry with brown rice was waiting for me [home made]. 
In all honesty, every day isn't roses and butterflies, but yesterday was one of those days that makes me realize marrying him was the best decision of my life.

On a lighter note, I am going to make this tonight:


Roasted yams & green beans


Well, seeing as we tied on the Pogo music competition,
we've got a rap to write,


I&J

1 comment:

  1. Iz! Thank you so much for my soap dispenser, it's ADORABLE! You're so talented. Also, it was so great having you at Easter dinner. You and Johnny were (of course) a hit.

    And I know that you guys hate to get all mushy (ha! yeah right!) but I think that you both made the best decision of your lives marrying each other. Love you.

    ReplyDelete